Initial intent was a P-51 1vs1 BFM contest but according to general feedback, DCS World’s MP is not very stable yet and ED is obviously working hard on a patch to fix that. Meanwhile, SA is glad to announce its 1st FC2 1vs1 BFM tournament.
Rules(please read carefully and check for updates (bold) as subject to change before event start):
– 1 vs 1 BFM competition (guns only).
– Best of 3 rounds with knock out stages.
– Event type : STT (Short Term Tournament).
– Minimum players for the tournament to start : 16
– Maximum players before closing the sign up : 32
– Top 8 players will earn SA points.
– Event rating will be determined according to the players’ average SA Ranking. The higher the rating, the more points at stake.
– Players will be seeded according to SA Rankings.
– Map will be ready soon for download. (Ramp start. Initial distance between opponents about 100km. Bases will be protected by short range SAM’s)
– Authorized payload : Cannon only
– External views and padlock prohibited
– Free fuel setting.
– 1 refuel/rearm is allowed per round for each player. The refuel/rearm from landing to take-off must not exceed 5mn.
– Both players have to take off simultaneously, reach the target zone on time and stay within the CAP area. Exiting the CAP bubble is considered a loss regardless of the round outcome.
– Exiting the CAP bubble before neutralizing opponent is allowed only once per round for the refuel/rearm option.
– To collect the round, players must neutralize opponent (actual kill or tactical kill), RTB and land on home base.
– Only one game crash / disconnection is allowed per player per match. If an issue occurs a second time, it will be counted as a round loss.
– Players can alternate hosting and swap air bases after each round.
– Final scores have to be reported here using the comments section below.
– In case of a dispute, players have to upload their track using the upload widget located on the sidebar.
Final Results Download Event Mission
Viktor “Presing” Mirkovic is currently DCS/FC Air to Air Combat SA Rankings world #6 and a dedicated MiG-29 pilot from Serbia and the 104th Phoenix Squadron.
It’s a privilege to have you with us today Viktor, thank you for answering the invitation 😉
Q1 : First of all, could you tell us a bit about yourself, when have you started flying air combat simulators ? which ones have you already tried before Lock-On ?
A1. About myself, then we will break illusions about me :). Nothing much to tell. I’m am medical technician (nurse) and passionate mountain bike rider. I started playing games (simulations) with NOVA LOGIC MiG-29 FULCRUM 1998, then I played FLANKER 2.0 and little IL2, but I do not like propeller aircraft. After that it’s LOCK ON all the way!
Q2 : Now let’s talk a bit about your own story with the MiG-29…has it always been your favorite aircraft or is it more of a recent story…in one word, when and how did you fall in love with the Fulcrum ?
A2. Yes it was and it’s still. First time when I saw it (I think it was 1988) was on TV. MiG-29 is a great aircraft and still can rule the sky if it’s used properly.
Q3 : We all know how the MiG-29 is often evaluated in Lock-On in comparison to other fighters especially the F-15C. What do you think about such common belief ?
A3. Most of the people do not like to fly the Fulcrum because of his fuel consumption and small missile load but he has his advantages. Advantages such as active missiles, extreme speed in low level flight, EOS and data-link with AWACS and EWR. Personally I prefer more to fight against F-15 from Russian aircraft’s. Continue reading
From the raging air battles of the 51st dedicated server rises a new callsign : Lui51.
Over 6 in kill-to-death ratio, best Su-27, Su-33 and F-15 performance, around 500 points lead over runner-up Nco_Koj, the figures speak for themselves.
It is still not the end of the month yet and competition for the top positions is fiercer than ever. The 51st server is definitely back to its best as the current activity level attests.
Join the online action and take up the challenge facing the best DCS virtual fighter pilots.
< !DOCTYPE html>
ED is on the verge of turning DCS world into a total virtual battlefield simulator after the release of their Combined Arms module, which adds ground operations to the already impressive set of flight simulator modules.
As you will be able to notice, players are able now to control ground forces as well in both 2 and 3D.
DCS : CA brings a whole new dimension to DCS World especially to the Multiplayer arena.
Video courtesy from Dolimo.