DCS World : TFC/ED’s Newsletter
Happy holidays to all of our customers and we wish you a joyous and safe 2013.
For this final DCS News letter of 2012, we have a few updates and some new announcements:
DCS Holiday Sale
Between December 25th and January 3rd we will have our Holiday Sale. This will discount to DCS products.
DCS A-10C WARTHOG – 60% (15.99 USD)
DCS BLACK SHARK 2 – 40% (23.99 USD)
DCS P-51D MUSTANG – 25% (29.99 USD)
DCS Combined Arms Released
The final version of DCS: Combined Arms is now out of beta and available for sale from our website at:
DCS: Combined Arms gives you control of ground forces during the battle. Use the Command Map to move ground forces, set artillery fire missions, and control the ground battle. Assume the role of a Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) in multiplayer and designate targets for player-controlled close air support aircraft, or directly control armor vehicles or air defense weapons and engage the enemy.
Play DCS: Combined Arms as a real time strategy game, a first person armor warfare game, or direct the ground battle from the cockpit of a DCS aircraft like the A-10C Warthog, Ka-50 Black Shark, or P-51D Mustang.
DCS: Combined Arms supports both single player and multiplayer game play. When in multiplayer, different players can take on different roles such as artillery commanders, tank commanders, pilots, JTACS, etc. DCS: Combined Arms allows you full control of the battle. All roles can be changed dynamically during the battle.
Trailer video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFN1iFfvVG8
DCS 1.2.3 Update Available
This latest version of DCS that includes new features and changes to DCS World and several modules, further moves the series forward in what we hope includes many valued improvements. We make a point of reading your feedback and include many of your desires in these free updates.
- Added new Su-27 model.
- Added new Mission Editor trigger rule – Bomb in Zone.
- New mission editor skin. Incomplete work in progress.
- Helicopters will better maneuver against AAA maneuvering when in the threat area.
- Added new Mission Editor trigger rule – Expression.
- Scripting Engine: Fixed outText and outSound for Coalition and Group.
- Scripting Engine: Added “Mission” Task for ground groups.
- Mission Editor UI for group variation placement tool added, not functional yet.
- New skins for F-15C and MiG-31.
- Model LODs have been better optimized.
- Life-bar for ground units in the F10 Command Map view. This can be toggled on and off with button on Command Map.
- AI units will resupply ammunition from a warehouse or cargo truck at ranges less than 100 meters, periodicity – once a minute. Player’s can do this with the LALT + ‘ key combination.
- Command Map control of air units. You can now route them, set speed and altitude, and set targets.
- Ground units in group now stay in formation with user when in first person control mode. User can set formation and ROE when in 1st person mode.
- Updated, higher resolution ground unit HUDs.
- Added min and max range rings for all indirect fire systems.
- Added countdown timer for indirect fire missions.
- Mission designer can now determine which ground units can and cannot be controlled by players (1st person and Command Map).
- Platform Shake is better implemented and provides basic “weapon stabilization” option when the vehicle is on the move.
- Added hot keys for hull / turret alignments, turret lock, and gun lock on azimuth.
- Changing round type loading delay added.
- Added military icons for Command Map.
- Provided NVG gain.
- New compass orientation options.
- Signal flare options.
- Added tracer effect to armor piercing rounds.
Flaming Cliffs (FC3)
- New Su-27 campaign.
- Added new multiplayer missions.
Bug Fixes and Adjustments:
- Tuned aircraft gun smoke.
- Fixed Set Path to Column formation.
- Fixed Georgian soldier animation.
- Fixed long range radar break-lock for Russian aircraft.
- AIM-120 and R-77 maximum load factor increased to 40g.
- R-77 data adjust. Thrust, lift and drag.
- AIM-120 data adjusted. Lift and drag.
- AIM-9M maximum load factor increased to 35g.
- AIM-9M thrust changed 12000 N.
- Adjusted AIM-9P drag.
- AIM-7M thrust and drag adjustments were made.
- Increased load factor to R-27 family to 24g.
- Increased R-27ER initial delay to 1.5 sec.
- AIM-54 data adjustment. Thrust, drag, lift, initial delay of guidance.
- R-33 data adjusted. Thrust, drag and lift, initial delay of guidance.
- R-60 data adjusted.
- R-73 data adjusted.
- Multi-channel missile guidance is fixed.
- Decreased the damage value of modern AA missiles warheads from directional to enhanced. Earlier AIM-120 and R-77 had a warheads with large multiplier factor termed “directional”. These missiles were very lethal, more so than even an S-300. It was not realistic and we decided replace “directional” warhead with the less power “enhanced” warhead.
- Number of simultaneously guided AIM-120s is 4 for F-15, F-16 and F-18.
- Number of simultaneously guided AIM-54 is 4 for F-14.
- Fixed AI planes unable to engage SA-8 with Anti-Radiation Missiles.
- Fixed situation where AI sometimes launch AGM-65 Mavericks from too far away; AGM-65 would self-destructs before reaching target.
- Added S-8TsM and S-8OFP2 rockets to inventory of MiG-29A/G/S and Su-33.
- Renamed S-8KOM to S-8TsM in the one AFAC Su-25 payloads.
- The F-15C and Su-27 will now use their RWR systems when the Mission Editor RADAR USING option is not applied.
- Adjustments to the air combat maneuvering of all aircraft.
- “Transmit Message” command parameters indication is now in the action list
- Fixed infantry not moving when route is changed.
- Fixed client crash in MP.
- Fixed pilot models with K36 ejection seat.
- Debris of a killed soldier has been removed.
- Adjusted AWACS action time.
- Fixed switch waypoint triggered action.
- Changed setting of mission start time (day, month).
- Default damage parameters tuned for old aircraft models.
- Fixed Mission Editor error when trying to change aircraft country.
- Fixed Mission Editor that pressing File\Create in the drop menu did nothing.
- Aircraft will reset landing airdrome each time landing procedures is initiated.
- Changed color of missile flame and smoke from blue to yellow.
- “REACTION ON THREAT” option will now affect active ECM systems.
- Problem with random uncontrollable rotation of the tower in some circumstances has been resolved.
- Night vision staying switch to on after exit from the previous server has been fixed.
- Incoming missiles warning messages has been corrected.
- Helicopters will better maneuver against anti AAA when in the threat area.
- A-10C. A-10C TGP IR operation is fixed.
- FC3. SPO not reacting to launch of an I-HAWK or S300 is partially resolved.
- FC3. Fixed F-15C ADI operation reversed.
- FC3. Fixed A-10A ADI operation reversed.
- FC3. F-15C/A-10A. Fixed autopilot not allowing refueling during tanker orbit.
- FC3. Corrected and adjusted Russian A-10 campaign by Dzen.
- FC3. Fixed some errors in F-15C campaign.
- FC3. The MiG-29 HUD diamond on the target will now only appear when it is locked by radar.
- FC3. Updated SEAD payloads and air defense deployments in some missions.
- FC3. Missiles DLZ has been partially corrected.
- FC3. Stations display on Su-27 and MiG-29 HUDs was made more realistic – just an “underscore” is displayed if a weapon present, and station number is additionally displayed if weapon is ready to launch.
- Fixed stations display on Russian HUD – only stations for currently selected weapon are displayed.
- Implemented MiG-29S style of stations display on HUD.
- FC3. Fixed the IRRAD mark for the Russian aircraft. This would overlap with range tape.
- Combined Arms. Instant fire on ammunition switching has been fixed.
- Combined Arms. Switched the reverse gear after the vehicle has stopped.
- Combined Arms: Transition to alarm state GREEN for ground units has been fixed
- Combined Arms. Unarmed vehicles will use their sensors when acting as a JTAC.
Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3 (FC3) Update
Per the list above of FC3 changes, work on this module continues. However, the module will likely be in a protracted beta development stage as we create new content for it that our customers have been asking for.
The most noteworthy being a new 6 DOF cockpit for the Su-27 Flanker. We also plan to release a new radar mode for the MiG-29S that allows dual tracking and engagements of targets with the R-77 air-to-air missile.
The pre-purchase price will stay at $39.99 as an early buyer discount; however, the final release will be at $49.99 given the number of new features and extended development time.
The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics
To keep informed of latest developments, visit the forums at http://forums.eagle.ru and http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com
Online Shop: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop
You must log in to post a comment.