DCS Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst 1v1 Open By Burning Skies!
After the successful Shahdoh’s WWII campaign and in a constant effort to promote WWII air combat events for DCS World, we are proud to announce our new partnership with Burning Skies.
Created and managed by “eeks”, Burning Skies features a dedicated server that hosts WW2 online battles for the DCS community alongside a live statistics software that renders the performances of the pilots in real time.
Burning Skies will be organizing and hosting their first Bf109 1v1 Dogfight Tournament between October 8th and 16th, and as the name implies, the only eligible plane for this tourney will be the Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst ! So no dissimilar air combat tactics will be required, just pure BFM skills and talent will determine who is going to emerge as the Bf109 DCS champion and walk off with valuable SA points counting towards the World PvP Rankings for DCS World!
- Format – 1 vs 1 duels
- Eligible plane(s) – DCS World Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst
- Amount of participants Min 16, Max 32
- Leaderboard format – Double Elimination
- Tournament starts on October, 8th 2016 (*organizers retain the right to shift the date in case of any reasonable obstacles)
- Tournament ends on October, 16, 2016
- Duels will occur:
Weekends – from 17:00 till 22:00 FET
Weekdays – from 20:00 till 22:00 FET
- DCS Server – Burning Skies Open: Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst
- teamspeak – FF.TS3SERV.NET
RegistrationParticipants should create a post in https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=174503 and specify the following details:
1. ED forum nickname
2. A link to his (her) profile on the forum.
3. DCS nickname (the one that will be used in the tournament “Burning Skies Open: Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst”)
4. Confirmation that they’re in.
Registration will last until 6/10/2016 23:59:59 FET. No requests past this date will be processed.
Upon reaching 32 participants registration will be shut prematurely. In case if the amount of participants doesn’t match exactly 16 or 32, “missing” opponents will be compensated by virtual “placeholder pilots” in the tourney grid, who will automatically lose a match to any live pilot they get paired against. The latter one progresses in the grid as a result.
DrawingOn October, 7th 21:00 FET all submitted pilots will undergo lot drawing via http://challonge.com/ that will be followed by relevant link in the tournament thread (ED forum).
Primary toss-ups will run for 3 times, under mandatory presence of referee and linesmen. Presence of participants is welcome. The event will include streaming and recording.
Meet up1. Opponents appear at the time specified by the tournament organizers; a linesman is present in the teamspeak.
2. Maximum amount of rounds – five
3. Getting 3 victories in a duel recognizes you as a winner.
Rules of Engagement1. The battle starts upon a verbal command from the referee: “Three, two , one, START!”
2. Once the latter command sounds, players join the flight in the pre-selected modules.
3. Duel lasts as long as both planes hold up in the air, leaving to briefing menu is allowed only as per request from the referee.
4. Landing (voluntary or forced) is accounted as a loss.
5. Along with an opponent downed, victory assignment requires no fatal damage dealt to the second plane (such as: missing wings, pilot killed, open flame etc.); it should be able to controllably fly for at least 20 seconds after the other plane met the ground.
6. In case of both planes go down or both frames get fatal damage (ramming etc.) a rematch is assigned.
7. If one of the players gets disconnected in the fight, he automatically loses the round (not the entire duel).
8. If one of the players gets disconnected even before the initial heads-up approach will occur, a rematch is assigned.
9. Empty fuel tanks or gun barrels do not imply the battle is over.
Strictly prohibited1. Any DCS mods
2. Head-on shooting at the initial approach
3. Bailing out
4. Leaving back to briefing before you hear an approval from the referee
5. Passive behavior, that is >1,5 min straight flight (away from the opponent)or continuous climb without tactical purpose of attacking the opponent
6. Skipping your turn, unwarranted expending of the catch up / duel time
7. Deliberate gap before getting airborne after “START” command.
8. Exceed the flight direction – 45° from a line connecting two planes at the first approach.
*Violations result in a warning or a disqualification (DQ). 3 warnings = DQ.
AwardsBest performers and their respective squadrons and countries will be granted SA points therefore, will feature on the World PvP Rankings for DCS World!
Additionally, Tacview will be providing each of the top 3 performers with a Tacview Pro licence! for those who don’t know, Tacview is the go-to solution when it comes to analyzing live and past sorties, a must have for any flight simmer.
So, if you’ve got the 109 module, some free time and the heart to compete, don’t think any further, hop in and join the competition for a chance to win a Tacview Pro license and bragging rights!
I opened fire when the whole windshield was black with the enemy . . . at minimum range . . . it doesn’t matter what your angle is to him or whether you are in a turn or any other maneuver.Erich Hartmann (all-time Bf-109 Top Ace with 352 victories)
You must log in to post a comment.