Excellent video introduction highlighting the main systems and features of the new UH-1 Huey module for DCS world.
Courtesy of Tim Morgan at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8mGxoRDUME.
Air to Ground lovers have not been forgotten either. Superb 6 DOF cockpits are now available for the Su-25A and A-10A attack aircrafts. Check out this quick video presentation featuring these top quality newly released cockpits.
Original ED’s Announcement
Today we are happy to make available version 1.2.4 of DCS World and updates to several DCS modules. DCS World has now been updated and the modules and UH-1H will be available over the next few hours.
Download installer files here: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.co…roduct&lang=en
– or –
Use Auto Updater. To force an auto update, from the Start menu, select Eagle Dynamics – DCS World – Update DCS world
In addition to many new features and fixes, 1.2.4 adds support to the new DCS: UH-1H Huey module.
• AI Fw-190D9 with multiple skins.
• Graphical User Interface. New skin panels.
• Graphical User Interface. New Module Manager.
• Flaming Cliffs 3. New Six Degrees of Freedom (6DOF) cockpits for the Su-25, Su-27 and A-10A.
• Flaming Cliffs 3. Added vertical adjustments to the Su-25 gunsight for bomb, rocket, and missiles delivery. This includes 10 steps down [RALT – H] and 10 steps up [RSHIFT – H].
• Combined Arms. The radar emission control added. Key [i]. This allows players to operate SAM radars in radar-silent mode.
• Combined Arms. Generic automatic transmission.
• Combined Arms. Axis controls for ground units implemented.
• The Radio Menu F10 option now works in network games.
• New trigger actions: “radio item add for coalition”, “radio item remove for coalition”, “radio item add for group”, and “radio item remove for group”.
• New Mission Editor features:
-Initialization Script Added
-Trigger Action: AI TASK renamed to AI SET TASk
-Trigger Action: AI PUSH TASK added
-Trigger Action: Set Flag Value added
-Trigger Action: Set Internal Cargo added
-Group LUA condition and % chance of appearance added
• Numerous SSE changes and new features. http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page
• Some issues causing the network instability have been fixed.
• The missiles dynamic launch zone or fighters has been adjusted.
• The T-90 tank added in the Encyclopedia.
• Fixed some Mission Editor and GUI crashes.
• Il-76 damage model has been corrected.
• Tail numbers stencil shimmering for the Il-76 model is fixed.
• The standard Russian Air Force MiG-31 skin is fixed.
• In ME airfield info page now includes airfield ATC frequency.
• Fixed ME issue regarding statics.
• Mission debrief. Accounting of released weapons has been corrected.
• Rearming & Refueling Window. The chaff and flare fields can increase countermeasures amount.
• Resource Manager (RM) – Smoke generators being duplicated in RM airbase weapons window has been fixed.
• Resource Manager (RM) – Increased the maximum storage fuel limit to 5,000 tons for each airbase.
• AI A-10 will no longer shoot all Mavericks at a single target.
• Axis assignments will print to input .html file
• ME can’t save file into mods folders has been fixed.
• Pilot skins added to the E-3A.
• The S-5 rocket warhead changed from HE to shaped-charge.
• Corrected valid firing azimuth for FSG “Molniya”.
• New, more accurate, missile dynamics for the SA-19 Tunguska.
• Airfield marks are disappearing after pressing “Cancel” on “Coalitions” window has been fixed.
• Fixed when AI aircraft and vehicles set invisible = true, then set invisible = false, the ground AI vehicles still could not be detected.
• Fixed situation if player sets options to “pilot can control vehicle” and the mission doesn’t have an aircraft, player can’t control units.
• Fixed ME error when clicking a certain area in the track playback menu.
• F10 Radio item or add for coalition ALL has been removed.
• Fixed coalition helicopters unable to take off from aircraft carrier if “takeoff from ramp” condition is selected.
• Rearm and refuel menus have been removed. “Rearm & Refuel” command will now open Mission Resources Dialog.
• CG-60 Normandy will now attack Anti-Ship Missiles (ASM).
• Waypoint actions “Weapon hold” has been fixed.
• Helicopters sinking when they takeoff from an aircraft carrier has been fixed.
• Fixed S-300 launches not being shown in the de-brief.
• The COMM option status will now save in the mission.
• Fixed AI not always attacking targets during intercept task.
• Corrected ROE behavior issues.
• Fixed Tunguska tracking targets through buildings.
• Fixed server crashes, when one client fires an air-to-air missile and other client joins the game.
• Fixed F-16C Bl52d having old (Flanker) icon style on F10 view.
• Fixed incorrect aspect in record video in size 1280*720.
• ME. Some issues with copying, renaming and removing payloads has been fixed.
• Fixed helicopter AI ROE and threat reaction.
• Corrected air to Air ATGM delivery by AI Ka-50s.
• Fixed the inability to respawn if the aircraft flies into the ground.
• Fixed severe framerate drop when looking at destroyed civilian train.
• Fixed the OK button not working when a campaign is finished.
• Fixed crash when rocket collides with ground (fullscreen only).
• Adjusted framerate impact of smoke from burning aircraft.
• Fixed AWACS not performing stop task.
• Improved Sorbcija ECM pod model.
• Improved the ejection model for the A-10A/C and F-15C.
• Corrected scale of F-15C external fuel tanks.
• New skins for the Su-27 and Su-33.
• Improved sounds for several aircraft including the F-15C and Su-27.
DCS: A-10C Warthog
• LITENING TGP masking logic has been restored.
• Corrected MFCD start-up screen wrong color.
• Fixed AI wingman failing to engage target at Player SPI if AI is not aware/in range of target.
• Fixed LASTE Wind Edit data entry.
• Fixed Gun Minimum Range Cue Behavior.
• Fixed HUD Air speed indicator will TAS in GS mode.
• HSI course knob will now rotate the course pointer with or without power.
• Turn Rate Indicator has been calibrated.
• Fixed the CDU Wind Indication Direction being reversed.
• Several A-10 callsigns have been corrected.
DCS: P-51D Mustang
• Escort task added to the P-51D.
• Corrected incorrect fairing door animation.
• Fixed chassis damage after press RAlt+J on the ground.
• Fixed DXrenderer error in dsc.log with serial numbers and pilot textures.
• Fixed demo track ‘takeoff-demo.trk’.
• Fixed error when in-game manual is selected.
• Fixed drop tanks of P-51D are not synchronized in Multiplayer.
Flaming Cliffs 3
• Added kneeboard input to flyable aircraft.
• MiG-29S TWS2 mode is now fixed.
• Added intro image to Su-33 “Sea Dragon” campaign.
• A-10A AOA Indexer now works.
• Corrected some minor issues with new 3D Su-27 model.
• Corrected wingmen maneuvers when turning.
• Fixed wingmen not turning off radar when commanded to do so.
• Fixed Su-27 campaign mission typos.
• Pilots models are now correct.
• Fixed F-15C Fuel Tank Pylon indication on MFD.
• Fixed tanker not filling external F-15C fuel tanks.
• Fixed Su-33 getting stuck near island on the Kuznetsov deck.
• Corrected MiG-29 HUD indications.
DCS: Combined Arms
• Replaced the old generic gun sight with a new one.
• Adjusted some generic HUD symbology.
• Fixed player controlled MLRS reloading troubles.
• Fixed units not resuming previous movement after player takes control.
• Fixed air defense units with HOLD FIRE ROE not going from ALARM STATE RED to ALARM STATE GREEN when commanded.
• Added option for Automatic Transmission in CA Special Options.
• Adjusted the drag factor of Russian AP tank shells.
• Fixed ability to set the Ready state of AI flights.
• Fixed ground unit control HUD compass missing from the wide displays.
• Fixed Alarm State Green for radars revealing radar targets.
• Adjusted M1A2 side armor.
• “F10” view. AI aircraft can now land based on ground force commander commands.
• Fixed night vision only being available off/on outside of binocular view.
• Fixed the Go To command.
• Fixed Chaparral issue of locking targets.
• Axis controls for ground units implemented.
DCS: Black Shark 2
• Corrected missing Ka-50 textures in the some missions.
• Fixed Ka-50 wingman calls “engaging enemy air defenses” while evading incoming missile.
• Fixed Ka-50 training missions showing in training section, as they are only available through the download link.
DCS Spring Sale!
The entire range of DCS products will be on sale between 21 and 27 March.
DCS: A-10C Warthog – $19.99 USD
DCS: P-51D Mustang – $9.99 USD
DCS: Combined Arms – $20.99 USD
DCS: Black Shark 2 (Full) – $19.99 USD
DCS: Black Shark 2 (Update) – $9.99 USD
Release of DCS: Combined Arms
DCS: Combined Arms gives you control of air and ground forces during the battle. Use the Command Map to move and task air and ground forces, set artillery fire missions, and control the ground battle. Assume the role of a Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) in multiplayer and designate targets for player-controlled close air support aircraft, or directly control armor vehicles or air defense weapons to engage the enemy.
Play DCS: Combined Arms as a real time strategy game, a first person armor warfare game, or direct the ground battle from the cockpit of a DCS aircraft like the A-10C Warthog, Ka-50 Black Shark, or P-51D Mustang.
DCS: Combined Arms supports both single player and multiplayer game play. When in multiplayer, different players can take on different roles such as artillery commanders, tank commanders, pilots, JTACS, etc. DCS: Combined Arms allows you full control of the battle. All roles can be changed dynamically during the battle.
Features of DCS: Combined Arms:
• Move and task air and ground forces and direct their fire during a mission.
• Be the Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) and direct close air support in multiplayer.
• Jump into the seat of many armor and air defence units to engage enemy air and ground forces.
• Play in both single player and multiplayer games.
• Both small and large scale battle missions included.
• Part of DCS World
Further updates and improvements will be made to DCS: Combined Arms.
Release of DCS Version 1.2.3
The new 1.2.3 update to DCS World and DCS Modules is now available as an auto-update, or downloaded directly from www.digitalcombatsimulator.com. This update includes a number of new, free DCS World features including a new DCS World Su-27 model, new triggers, and new scripting tools. It also includes major new features to the Combined Arms and Flaming Cliffs 3 modules. In addition to adding new features, this update includes many bug fixes and adjustments like missile performance, network game stability, force feedback joysticks, and a lot more.
You can read about all the changes here
DCS 1.2.4 Development
With version 1.2.3 now available, work is underway on version 1.2.4. The primary focus of this next version will be:
1 – Further improvements to network play and stability
2 – Coincide with the release of DCS: UH-1 Huey
3 – Improvements to air-to-air missile performance
4 – Changes and adjustments to beyond visual range combat systems
5 – Further GUI improvements
Moving to 64-bit Operating Systems Only
As we move forward improving the DCS World environment, we are more and more often running into roadblocks that prevent us from doing so due to supporting 32 bit operating systems. This includes larger and more populated worlds with greater terrain mesh details and textures. By moving to 64 bit support only, we will be able solve this and allow larger missions with more units, and it will allow us to improve visual effects.
This change will be coming in the next few months.
The Future of DCS
Currently the team is focused on completing Flaming Cliffs 3 and continued updates and improvements to DCS World. Once Flaming Cliffs 3 is complete, more of our focus will shift to upcoming DCS titles like the F-15C, F/A-18C and Fw-190D9. Looking further out, Eagle Dynamics and our partners plan a large number of new modules that include the Su-27SM, F-86F, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Hawk, Mi-8, Mi-24, OH-58 and AH-1G, to just name a few.
The team is also hard at work on many updates and changes to our world rendering system, which will allow us to make new and much more detailed worlds than we have now, including the Nevada map. We hope to have these changes in place before the end of the year.
With the combination of a large and varied stable of aircraft, along with upcoming new maps, we will continue moving forward toward our goal of DCS World allowing combat missions over a wide array of time periods and locations. While our products initially started with a focus on modern day jets, this is now expanding to include World War 2, Korea, Vietnam and modern day content.
The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics Team
Today we are happy to make available version 1.2.3 of DCS World and updates to several DCS modules.
Download installer files here: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.co…roduct&lang=en
– or –
Use Auto Updater. To force an auto update, from the Start menu, select Eagle Dynamics – DCS World – Update DCS world
- Added new Su-27 model. More skins will be added later.
- Added new Mission Editor trigger rule – Bomb in Zone.
- New mission editor skin. Incomplete work in progress.
- Helicopters will better maneuver against AAA maneuvering when in the threat area.
- Added new Mission Editor trigger rule – Expression.
- Scripting Engine: Fixed outText and outSound for Coalition and Group.
- Scripting Engine: Added “Mission” Task for ground groups.
- Scripting Engine: Added Unit.getFuel function.
- Mission Editor UI for group variation placement tool added, not functional yet.
- New skins for F-15C and MiG-31.
- Model LODs have been better optimized.
- Life-bar for ground units in the F10 Command Map view. This can be toggled on and off with button on Command Map.
- AI units will resupply ammunition from a warehouse or cargo truck at ranges less than 100 meters, periodicity – once a minute. Player’s can do this with the LALT + ‘ key combination.
- Command Map control of air units. You can now route them, set speed and altitude, and set targets.
- Ground units in group now stay in formation with user when in first person control mode. User can set formation and ROE when in 1st person mode.
- Updated, higher resolution ground unit HUDs.
- Added min and max range rings for all indirect fire systems.
- Added countdown timer for indirect fire missions.
- Mission designer can now determine which ground units can and cannot be controlled by players (1st person and Command Map).
- Platform Shake is better implemented and provides basic “weapon stabilization” option when the vehicle is on the move.
- Added hot keys for hull / turret alignments, turret lock, and gun lock on azimuth.
- Changing round type loading delay added.
- Added military icons for Command Map.
- Provided NVG gain.
- New compass orientation options.
- Signal flare options.
- Added tracer effect to armor piercing rounds.
Flaming Cliffs 3 (FC3)
- New Su-27 campaign.
- Added new multiplayer missions.
- Dual engagement, Track While Scan (TWS) for the MiG-29S.
Bug Fixes and Adjustments:
- Network code improved for greater stability.
Note: Although many improvements and optimizations have been made, we still highly recommend 16 player limit when hosting complex missions. Depending on the exact composition of the mission, the bandwidth and number of players that a host may accommodate will vary. As always though, clients must be aware of their ping times (often influenced by connection distance to host) as this can cause warping and other connection issues.
- Fixed multiplayer data link for Russian aircraft.
- Fixed Force Feedback joystick trim problems.
- Tuned aircraft gun smoke.
- Fixed Set Path to Column formation.
- Fixed Georgian soldier animation.
- Fixed long range radar break-lock for Russian aircraft.
- AIM-120 and R-77 maximum load factor increased to 40g.
- R-77 data adjust. Thrust, lift and drag.
- AIM-120 data adjusted. Lift and drag.
- AIM-9M maximum load factor increased to 35g.
- AIM-9M thrust changed 12000 N.
- Adjusted AIM-9P drag.
- AIM-7M thrust and drag adjustments were made.
- Increased load factor to R-27 family to 24g.
- Increased R-27ER initial delay to 1.5 sec.
- AIM-54 data adjustment. Thrust, drag, lift, initial delay of guidance.
- R-33 data adjusted. Thrust, drag and lift, initial delay of guidance.
- R-60 data adjusted.
- R-73 data adjusted.
- Multi-channel missile guidance is fixed.
- Decreased the damage value of modern AA missiles warheads from directional to enhanced. Earlier AIM-120 and R-77 had a warheads with large multiplier factor termed “directional”. These missiles were very lethal, more so than even an S-300. It was not realistic and we decided replace “directional” warhead with the less power “enhanced” warhead.
- Number of simultaneously guided AIM-120s is 4 for F-15, F-16 and F-18.
- Number of simultaneously guided AIM-54 is 4 for F-14.
- Fixed AI planes unable to engage SA-8 with Anti-Radiation Missiles.
- Fixed situation where AI sometimes launch AGM-65 Mavericks from too far away; AGM-65 would self-destructs before reaching target.
- Added S-8TsM and S-8OFP2 rockets to inventory of MiG-29A/G/S and Su-33.
- Renamed S-8KOM to S-8TsM in the one AFAC Su-25 payloads.
- The F-15C and Su-27 will now use their RWR systems when the Mission Editor RADAR USING option is not applied.
- Adjustments to the air combat maneuvering of all aircraft.
- “Transmit Message” command parameters indication is now in the action list
- Fixed infantry not moving when route is changed.
- Fixed client crash in MP.
- Fixed pilot models with K36 ejection seat.
- Debris of a killed soldier has been removed.
- Adjusted AWACS action time.
- Fixed switch waypoint triggered action.
- Changed setting of mission start time (day, month).
- Default damage parameters tuned for old aircraft models.
- Fixed Mission Editor error when trying to change aircraft country.
- Fixed Mission Editor that pressing File\Create in the drop menu did nothing.
- Aircraft will reset landing airdrome each time landing procedures is initiated.
- Changed color of missile flame and smoke from blue to yellow.
- “REACTION ON THREAT” option will now affect active ECM systems.
- Problem with random uncontrollable rotation of the tower in some circumstances has been resolved.
- Night vision staying switch to on after exit from the previous server has been fixed.
- Incoming missiles warning messages has been corrected.
- Helicopters will better maneuver against anti AAA when in the threat area.
- Fixed scrollbar in debriefing.
- Any hidden aircraft, helicopter, static object, and ships no longer break Fog of War.
- Helicopters no longer sink when they takeoff from aircraft carrier.
- Fixed some missions freezing every five seconds.
- Fixed multiple problems in JTAC code.
- Resource Manager message grammar adjusted.
- Payload localization is now displayed.
- A destroyed / burning aircraft burning can no longer auto lock other aircraft.
- Fixed the AI formations after switching waypoints.
- Wingmen will try to maintain absolute position in formation, they will maintain altitude when the leader turns.
- HAWK SAM would not attack Su-25T if kh-25MPU attacks HAWK.
- Fixed view problems for unarmed vehicles, infantry and fortifications.
- Fixed crash changing wallpapers in Options dialog.
- Fixed taking control of an AI aircraft that took off from the ground resulting in crashing into ground.
- Corrected AI rolling during a dogfight.
- A-10C. A-10C TGP IR operation is fixed.
- A-10C. Wingman will now engage target at Player’s SPI if A.I. is not aware of/in range of the target.
- FC3. SPO not reacting to launch of an I-HAWK or S300 is partially resolved.
- FC3. Fixed F-15C ADI operation reversed.
- FC3. Fixed A-10A ADI operation reversed.
- FC3. F-15C/A-10A. Fixed autopilot not allowing refueling during tanker orbit.
- FC3. Corrected and adjusted Russian A-10 campaign by Dzen.
- FC3. Fixed some errors in F-15C campaign.
- FC3. The MiG-29 HUD diamond on the target will now only appear when it is locked by radar.
- FC3. Updated SEAD payloads and air defense deployments in some missions.
- FC3. Missiles DLZ has been partially corrected.
- FC3. Stations display on Su-27 and MiG-29 HUDs was made more realistic – just an ‘underscore’ is displayed if a weapon present, and station number is additionally displayed if weapon is ready to launch.
- 1) Fixed stations display on Russian HUD – only stations for currently selected weapon are displayed.
- 2) Implemented MiG-29S style of stations display on HUD.
- FC3. Fixed the IRRAD mark for the Russian aircraft. This would overlap with range tape.
- FC3 – Wingmen will now turn off radar when commanded to.
- FC3. Fixed data link for clients in multiplayer – MiG-29S and Su-27/33.
- FC3. Simulator hang after ALT J jumping into an Su-27.
- FC3. Fixed Su-33 sinking to the Kuznetsov deck near the superstructure.
- FC3. Fixed simulator hang after ALT J jumping into an Su-33.
- Combined Arms. Instant fire on ammunition switching has been fixed.
- Combined Arms. Switched the reverse gear after the vehicle has stopped.
- Combined Arms: Transition to alarm state GREEN for ground units has been fixed.
- Combined Arms. Unarmed vehicles will use their sensors when acting as a JTAC.
- Combined Arms. Corrected weapon aiming range grid for Russian and NATO tanks.
- Combined Arms. Fixed the properties of the 2A46M-125 AP shell.
- Combined Arms. Edit textures ground unit HUD when in zoomed in view.